What is the Electroplating
Electroplating is the use of electrolysis principle in some metal surface coated with a thin layer of other metals or alloys, the use of electrolysis is to make metal or other materials attached to the surface of the metal film process to play a role in preventing metal oxidation Such as rust), improve wear resistance, conductivity, reflectivity, corrosion resistance (copper sulfate, etc.) and enhance the appearance and so on. The outer layer of many coins is also electroplating.
The use of electrolytic cell principle deposited on the mechanical products of good adhesion, but the performance and the matrix of different metal coating technology. Plating layer than the hot immersion uniform, generally thin, ranging from a few microns to tens of microns. Through electroplating, decorative and functional surfaces can be obtained on mechanical products, as well as worn and machined parts.
In addition, depending on the plating needs there are different roles. For example:
1. Copper: Base with, to enhance the adhesion layer plating, and corrosion resistance. (Copper easily oxidized, oxidation, the green is no longer conductive, so copper products must be copper protection)
2. Nickel plating: base or with the appearance, improve corrosion resistance and wear resistance (chemical nickel in which the wear resistance of modern technology more than chrome). (Note that many electronic products, such as DIN head, N head, are no longer nickel-based, mainly due to nickel magnetic, will affect the passive intermodulation inside the electrical performance)
3. Gold-plated: improve the conductive contact resistance, improve signal transmission. (Gold is the most stable and the most expensive.)
4. Palladium-palladium plating: to improve the conductive contact resistance, improve signal transmission, wear resistance than gold.
5. Tinned lead: to enhance the welding capacity, replaced by other alternatives (due to the majority of lead is plated bright tin and matte tin).
6. Silver plating: to improve the conductive contact resistance, improve signal transmission. (Silver is the best, easy to oxidize and oxidize and conductive)
Electroplating is the use of electrolysis principle of the conductor covered with a layer of metal method.
In addition to conductors, plating can also be applied to specially treated plastic.
The basic process of plating is as follows:
Plating metal at the anode
Material to be plated at the cathode
The anodes are connected to an electrolyte solution of positive ions of plated metal
Through the DC power supply, the anode metal oxidation (loss of electrons), the solution of positive ions in the cathode reduction (get electrons) into atoms and accumulate in the cathode surface.
After plating the appearance of the object being plated and the size of the current, the smaller the current, the more plated the object will be beautiful; the other hand, there will be some uneven shape.
The main uses of electroplating include the prevention of metal oxidation (such as rust) and decoration. The outer layer of many coins is also electroplating.
Wastewater from electroplating (such as spent electrolytes) is a significant source of water pollution. The electroplating process has been widely used in leadframe processes for semiconductors and microelectronics components.
VCP: vertical continuous plating, circuit board using a new type of machine, better than the traditional hanging plating quality.
Hangzhou Fulinde Display Manufacturer
Add:No.17 Xingfa Road,Xingqiao Street,Yuhang,Hangzhou,Zhejiang